Taco Tuesday: A Newport Beach Tradition

/
0 Comments




If you have been following SpotZone on Twitter or regularly checking app updates, you know that it’s a great resource that provides real time ratings of bars and clubs in Los Angeles. If you’ve seen any of my other blog posts, you’ll note that I have reviewed a few bars in West Hollywood and Santa Monica. Well, now it’s time for me to open up a whole new world for you and let you in on a little secret: SpotZone also rates venues behind the Orange Curtain. That’s right, thanks to your feedback, we’ve started adding bars in Newport Beach.


I want to let you in on another secret: Tuesday is my biggest night out of the week. Between Argyle Tuesdays at The Argyle in Hollywood and La Vida Cantina’s $4 margaritas every Tuesday night in Costa Mesa, I have no excuse not to be hungover on Wednesday mornings (thank you Laventina’s, for giving me life again). 


At this point, it’s more inconvenient not to go to Taco Tuesday than to go. Mark, the manager of La Vida, offers us free tequila shots (unclear if this is because we’re regulars or fun people. My advice to you is try to be both). There’s often live music to set the Mexican food, and I’ve heard the tacos are good, but if I’m being real with you, we only every go for the Taco Tuesday margaritas (on the rocks with salt, of course).


Here are some of my tips for making the most out of your Taco Tuesday in Newport:

1.      Go to La Vida. In fact, be sure to follow them on Twitter and Instagram because they often have extended Happy Hours and specials that you can take advantage of. Tempting, I know.

2.      Start early. There have been many nights when we’ve shown up and the Taco Tuesday seating is full. No spots at the bar. You can’t sit in the restaurant area and get the $4 margarita price. That’s for dinner patrons. Wonder what it’s like to be mature and spend your money on food. We’ve had the best experiences when we’ve gotten there at 6pm. It gives you time to have your fill of margaritas and go home early, so tomorrow isn’t too bad, but if you’re up for a late night…


1.      Saddle Ranch across the walkway has karaoke night every Tuesday, starting conveniently at 10pm, right when La Vida Cantina closes. Make sure you are drunk enough to perform or at least handle listening to amateur singers without wanting to kill yourself. If you’re not…


1.      Goat Hill Tavern across the street is one of the diviest places you can find in Newport, but you can get beer for cheap and keep your night going. The crowd is young and diverse, and on weekends they’re packed, but during the week, it’s a fun, chill place.

2.      Make sure you Lyft home. I prefer them over Uber, more on that later, but try and get into your car before surge pricing kicks in. Trust me.

There you have it. That’s how I do Tuesdays in Newport Beach. What are your favorite places to go to during the week? What bars or clubs in Orange County would you like to see added to the SpotZone app? Let me know on Twitter @SpotZoneApp or email me at spotzoneaudrey@gmail.com. I look forward to hearing from you, and I’ll see you out there. 



You may also like

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.

Blog Archive